28.2.12

NYC style...

I've recently returned from a few days in New York City for some mother-daughter togetherness with rorygilmore. I marvel at the effortlessly chic New Yorkers -- their perfectly imperfect hair, flawless makeup, It bags, striking coats, and their absolute commitment to heels.



How do they do it? I'm a former runner who practises Bikram yoga daily, but after a day navigating the city streets and climbing those steep subway steps in touristy flats, I'm roadkill.

















The most noticeable trend was the 'librarian' look--hair off the face, big glasses, with the occasional bright lips.
Source: flickr.com via Marla on Pinterest

It's a look I first saw on Jcrew prez Jenna Lyons late last year.
Source: google.ca via Marla on Pinterest

I hesitate to call this a beauty trend, since this is how I (and probably most of you) look 95% of the time anyway. Hair off the face? Yeah, too busy and too much yoga to bother wearing it any other way. Glasses? Nearly blind, legally required to wear thick glasses. Lipstick? Okay, that requires some effort. 


I'm 'accidentally' cool and chic.    




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...