8.12.11

the love of your life...old love

I've spent a lot of time thinking about old love lately and stumbled upon this addicting tumblr, which could also be called 'Celebrity Exes'. The pictures are revealing, sweet and sad. Some 'stars' are featured much too often with different partners. (I'm looking at you, Scott Baio, Drew Barrymore, Cher!)

But here are some of my favourite couples:
Warren Beatty and Natalie Wood
Cameron Diaz and Matt Dillon. Both so pretty.
Paul Simon and Carrie Fisher. "Short people, short marriage, " she said.
Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke were such a beautiful couple. I could watch Ethan in 'Before Sunset' everyday and cry every single time. Brilliant movie.
Hugh Grant *sigh* and Elizabeth Hurley, at the premiere of 'Four Weddings and a Funeral'. Her dress got all the attention, for obvious reasons. Nicely played, Hurley.
Debra Winger and Timothy Hutton

James Taylor and Carly Simon. Is he braiding her hair? Could you imagine James Taylor braiding your hair? And probably singing?  I would have put up with the drugs. Maybe. Nah. 
Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder. When they broke up, Winona said she went to the 'dark side' from which she obviously never recovered. I  don't understand's Depp's appeal, but I can relate. 
Liam Neeson and Brooke Shields--what?!
Sadie Frost and Jude Law. Damn you, Sienna Miller, for breaking up this beautiful couple. 
Edward Norton and Salma Hayek. I'm sure when Salma goes to Balenciaga, LV or Gucci and just points to the handbag of her choice, she doesn't ever think of Ed Norton. Would you?
Bruce Willis and Demi Moore. Is it too late? 
Martha Plimpton and River Phoenix. Please just watch 'Running on Empty'.  *sob*
Joaquin Phoenix and Liv Tyler
And last but not least, perhaps my favourite on and offscreen couple of all time:
Diane Keaton and Woody Allen.
It's not surprising that most of my favourite 'lovers' pics were captured at their prime--full of promise, youth, and beauty. Isn't that how we see ourselves when we think of old love?

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to hear your movie reviews when you get the chance. So many movies to watch the week after Christmas. Can't wait! I love your Hollywood couples! You're right about Selma Hayak. From one bag hag to another,I'd be focused on the purse instead! Lol! Happy Holidays, Marla!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...