17.9.11

skinny bitch: vegan challenge day 5


Yesterday I was both flattered and humbled that AstigVegan, an inspiring vegan lifestyle blog and twitter friends I follow, chose to write about me and my challenge here. There aren't enough words to express how grateful I am for their support, so I will just say this: THANK YOU!

Beyond enjoying the challenge and the benefits of a vegan diet, I find that I am kinder and less moody.And so while on the path to skinny, I am actually less of a b*tch. In fact I'm embarrassed to even associate myself with the term and this blog, so I will use less of it.

Day 5 vegan challenge meals:

Beverage: 8am, Starbucks anniversary blend with almond milk
Breakfast: 11am, Grapefruit. So busy with work assignments, I was too busy to eat.
Lunch: 12, Kitchen sink salad: lettuce, portobello mushrooms, avocado, grapefruit, sunflower seeds for crunch.
Dinner: 4pm, Vegan Pinoys's tokwa fried rice. Recipe here. Not a good idea to eat anything this heavy before Bikram.
Snack: 10pm, Vegan hot cocoa. Recipe here.

I spent the evening alone, post-Bikram, with a cup of rich cocoa watching Ryan Gosling in 'Blue Valentine'. There are worse ways to spend a Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...