28.9.11

I'm not a vegan...

Veganism. I should have done more research. It turns out my plant-based diet doesn't make me a vegan.
ultimatebasictraining.com
Types of Vegetarians
  • Total Vegetarians eat only plant food. They do not eat any animal foods, including fish, eggs, dairy products, and honey.
  • Vegans not only omit all animal products from their diets, but they also eliminate them from the rest of their life. Vegans use nothing from animals, such as leather, wool, and silk.
  • Lacto-Vegetarians will include dairy products into their diet of plant food.
  • Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarians eat both eggs and dairy products.
  • Pesco-Vegetarians include fish into their diets.
  • Pollo-Vegetarians eat poultry, such as chicken, turkey, and duck.
I'm currently a Vegetarian. And to be perfectly honest, this weekend I was a Pesco-Vegetarian. I resisted the usual sushi rolls and shashimi, but totally caved when I saw the grilled salmon belly on the menu at the Japanese AYCE restaurant. Hey, it's a gradual transition.

I can't call myself vegan until I eliminate the leather, wool and silk from my home and wardrobe. And that won't happen anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...