5.10.10

...facebook


I just LOOOOOVED 'The Social Network'. There was a lot of hype -- the cast on all the talk shows, the early reviews were all raves -- so I wanted to see it, but had little expectations. It's all talk, no violence, no action, very little sex, but so intelligent and engaging that you won't want to leave your seat or waste a second to chat with your movie buddy, even if you know how it all ends.

The reviews claim that it's a masterpiece, the movie of the decade, defines a generation, blah blah blah. Comparisons are being made to Citizen Kane (ok, I can see why), and Oscar noms are predicted for everyone. Well, that remains to be seen.

On the other hand, the movie is being widely criticized for its negative portrayal of women, and Asian women in particular. Look, I'm an Asian woman, and I wasn't offended. It's a movie! Just sit back and enjoy it for what it is.


Most of the performances were brilliant, especially Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield. However, I was right about Justin Timberlake. He was the weak link ... hated his voice, his face, his delivery, ugh. I suppose he's trying for all the major awards -- he's already got Grammys and an Emmy, I guess he wants an Oscar too. Puhleez, he does NOT belong here. While we're on the subject of the boys in the movie, Armie Hammer (real name Armand Hammer, lol) was gorgeous as the Winklevi.


Rate: A+, that's right, it was better than Easy A. Yes, it's that good.

PS, I'd post a picture of the very very fine Armie Hamer, but I seem to be experiencing technical issues adding images. That is really unfortunate because he is prime eye candy. (Update: fixed for now, obviously...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...