14.10.10

...dinner

via Chuck's Day Off

I hosted Thanksgiving dinner for my family this past Saturday.... turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes. Whew! Maybe I'll be off the hook for Christmas and I'll be able to enjoy the holidays. In the meantime, I'm thinking of new dishes I can serve for small dinner parties. Typically we'll entertain at a local Asian resto, or for family birthdays I'll whip  up a big buffet of Filipino dishes. By the time guests arrive, I'm stressed or exhausted. Still,  it's time to expand my repertoire should I ever have to quickly whip up an 'impressive' meal for a small number of people given relatively short notice. Grown ups should be able to do that, right?

So, I will be attempting the Portuguese chicken with chorizo and clams.  Imagine this with your favorite glass or red wine and crusty bread. I would serve along with a light salad or one of these side dishes, depending on the weather, my mood or stress level.


Grilled vegetables via Sunday Suppers


And then to finish the meal,  ... Haagen Dazs dark chocolate ice cream. OMG... so smooth and rich. This is not your regular grocery store ice cream, trust me. Chocoholic heaven!
Haagen Dazs Dark Chocolate ... 160 calories per 1/2 cup and so worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...