5.8.10

...black

And while white is my color of choice for my home, when it comes it comes to my wardrobe, there's nothing better than black. Black is neutral, black is safe, black is chic, black will never be trendy, but is black always in style.

When I was in Paris 2 summers ago, I was running on the Pont Neuf to the Metro near the Louvre (what a great day that was!), rushing to catch the free fashion show at Printemps. I was stopped twice for directions, once by tourists, and another by a woman who may have been Parisien, probably because I was wearing a slim black dress and black heels even if it was one of the hottest days of the summer. Did they mistake me for a Parisien? Possibly. (Hey, I can see your eye rolls from here.) Would they have mistaken me for one if I was wearing, say, pink? Unlikely. Just saying.

Here are a few black basics I'm hoping to add to my wardrobe in the next few months.



Best of all black is slimming! amen to that.

Images: J. Crew, Gap, Cassis, Alexander Wang

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...